Monday, January 28, 2013

Pressing Reset

It's been a week since I've been able to workout. This is the first time in years that I have the flu. It sucks but I'm getting better. Still have some head and chest congestion but my energy and voice have returned.

I'm traveling for business this week and I intentionally left my gym gear at home. I'm forcing myself to take an extra few days of rest. Traveling with no gear is the only way I'll rest. Otherwise I'll find myself pushing through the miles.

So I'll be pressing reset on the training plan. I'm going back to how I started this plan in December. I'll be employing at least a month of 180-Age Heart Rate training. The first two weeks will be an additional -5 bpm. I'll see how I feel after a month and make adjustments from there.

Whatever it takes to get healthy. No pressure from wasted race entry fees. That's the beauty of doing your own thing.

Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment