Sunday, January 20, 2013

Looking ahead...

Saturday, January 26th is my first half marathon distance of 2013. I usually run after bible study with my buddy, Andre. I wonder if he knows we are going long. Guess he'll learn in six days. :-)

Anyhow, here's the course through Douglass Hills near Southeast Christian Church.

Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRun

It's a little long. I'd rather go a bit long than be short with my endeavor to complete twelve half marathons this year.

If you are local, you are welcome to join me. We start around 8:30am in the C Lot at SCC. I won't be pushing the pace. Andre is a 10:30 miler and I'll run with him for the first five or six miles before he turns for the cars. I'll move to marathon pace after he departs (9:00-9:10 min/mile). This run is about distance and time on feet. I'll taper and push for half marathon pace in eight weeks. Keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment