Saturday, February 23, 2013

Running with a View

Sometimes business travel can be a real drag. You're not in your groove. Maybe your schedule is beyond your control. Yet you need to make the best of it.

This was not one of those weeks. Although I was in Dayton, Toledo, Cleveland, and Saint Paul, I was able to rock it. I enjoyed a nice run at home before I left. Weights and recumbent were enjoyable at the hotel on Tuesday. However the best workout was in Saint Paul on Thursday.

This week was to be my first half marathon distance of the year. So I thought I'd make the most of my trip with a run along the Saint Paul riverfront. I was quite surprised with the great views for a run that started downtown. Within the first three miles, I saw at least eight bald eagles. I had never seen one in the wild. The riverfront pathway is really nice.

Anyhow, I'm back home for the weekend. I'm hoping for a nice recovery ride tomorrow to close the week. The next three weeks will be speed and tempo focused to peak for a race pace half.

Keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment